Do you want FAQ-Tastic to appear in your language? Thankfully, FAQ-Tastic was built so that it could be translated. Below are some files that will help you to change the default English version into your native language and a quick guide on how you can change the default locale of the plugin.
Overview: Translating FAQ-Tastic
To translate WordPress and any themes or plugins, you must ensure that you have correctly set up your language in the wp-config.php file (this can be found in root of your WordPress installation).
Inside the wp-config.php you will need to make sure that the language function has been set to your language using the appropriate language code.
define ('WPLANG', 'bg_BG'); (for Bulgarian) define ('WPLANG', 'id_ID'); (for Indonesian)
How To Change FAQ-Tastic To Your Language
- Download the *.mo localisation file you require from the list below.
- Check that the filename of the *.mo file fits the country code you have set in your wp-config.php file.
(e.g. "bg_BG.mo" for Bulgarian or "es_ES.mo" for Español/España or "es_MX.mo" for Español/México)
- Upload the *.mo file to the /wp-content/plugins/faq-tastic/locale/ folder.
- Go back to FAQ-Tastic and the plugin should now be translated!
If your plugin does not seem to be translating properly, check that the filename is correct. Check your wp-config.php file to ensure that the filename matches exactly.
Download Your FAQ-Tastic Language File
Here's a list of translated files. Right click and "Save As.." or "Save File As" on the links below to download the file.
|bg_BG (Bulgarian)||Jordan Jordanov||PO / MO|
|da_DK (Danish)||Ulrik Landberg Stephansen||PO / MO|
|de_DE (German)||Michael Marx||PO / MO|
|pt_BR (Portuguese)||Zalkind Rocha||PO / MO|
|ru_RU (Russian)||Vladimir Prohorenkov
|PO / MO|
|tr_TR (Turkish)||Ali Erkurt
|PO / MO|
Thanks to all the generous contributors for making this possible!
Please let me know if these files are correct or require updating. It's useful knowing as I can't speak any of these languages!
Help Translate FAQ-Tastic & Get Upgraded To Pro
If you are a translator and would like to help with the FAQ-Tastic project, then please contact me at: translations[at]faq-tastic.com (replace [at] with @).
In return for helping with translating the FAQ-Tastic plugin, I will upgrade you to FAQ-Tastic Pro as a way of saying "Thanks". After all, you'll need to check the localisation strings in this version too!
How Can You Help Translate?
A quick and easy way to translate FAQ-Tastic (and WordPress or any WordPress theme or plugin) is to use the CodeStyling Localization plugin for WordPress (or download the CodeStyling Localization plugin from the WordPress plugin repository. Note: Thanks to Michael Marx for this suggestion!). This plugin will help to scan the FAQ-Tastic folder and generate the require *.PO and *.MO files for translation.
If you would like to help and be upgraded to the FAQ-Tastic Pro membership, then here's how you can do that:
- Use the WP2.8 "Add New" link under the "Plugins" section of the navigation.
- Search for "CodeStyling Localization".
- Install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Follow the instructions from the CodeStyling Localization website.
- FTP into your WordPress site and download the PO and MO files for FAQ-Tastic.
- Email me at translations[at]faq-tastic.com with both the PO and MO files.
Note: Please let me know the following:
- The language of your files.
- The country code (e.g. "en_GB").
- Your desired name (which I list above).
- Any URL you'd like me to add to the list.
- After checking the files, I will upgrade you to the FAQ-Tastic Pro membership level.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide with Translations!